3.25.2011

Friday Favorites

by erin

Oh Friday. I thought you would never come.

A few things I'm loving this week...

Mumford & Sons
Did you watch the Grammys? Unfortunately, I did. It was such a traumatic experience that I've blocked most of it from my memory, but the one part I remember is what I call the hipster corner: Avett Brothers, Mumford & Sons, and Bob Dylan. I hadn't heard of Mumford before then (totally late to the game on this one) but I loved them immediately. I recently downloaded their album and now I'm obsessed with their bluegrass, folky sound.

Sweet Valley High
Sunday was a weird day. What started out as a brunch date with two of my bffs turned into an all-day, obsessive hunt for the Sweet Valley High books. Although we were initially unsuccessful, we learned that three books would be re-released on Tuesday. Obviously, we went together and bought them. And then we started a Sweet Valley book club. I know.
I haven't had much time to get into the books yet, but what I've read has been pure nostalgia. I loved all of the Sweet Valley books when I was younger, and I think it's going to be crazy fun to read them again.

NatureLuxe Gloss Balm
 As you probably know by now, to say that I am obsessed with lip gloss would be a ridiculous understatement. In recent months, all of my traditional glosses have begun to fail me somehow, which is highly disappointing. So I've been looking for a gloss that a) lasts for more than 10 minutes, b) leaves a light, pretty color, c) is made with at least some natural ingredients, and d) isn't crazy expensive. This new Cover Girl NatureLuxe gloss is all of those things, and I love it.

Have a fantastic weekend!

1 comments:

Emily Cumings said...

I am surprised Pete hasn't told you about Mumford yet. He has been blabbing nonstop about them for the last 5 months.

As for the Sweet Valley books, that is just so much awesome. Although, I could have saved you the money because I am pretty sure I still have the whole collection at home somewhere. Probably in the same box as my entire Babysitter's Club collection...

Post a Comment