3.24.2011

in yo face

by erin

For the past six months or so, I have been at war with my skin. Apparently, it somehow missed the memo that I am 27 years old and decided that now would be a stellar time to make me deal with the worst skin I've had in my entire life. It also failed to notice that I'm now healthier than I have ever been:: I'm eating better, avoiding dairy, sleeping more, stressing less. But still, it has been a nightmare. In the grand scheme of things, bad skin is a tiny little obstacle, I know, but since it is quite literally in my face every single day, it's been tough for me to deal with.

But the times, they are a-changing, thanks to these miracle fixes I've recently discovered:

Olay Regenerist Thermal Mini-Peel
 During the winter months, my skin was dry, dull, and completely unattractive. I was in desperate need of a good exfoliator, but I couldn't find one that didn't irritate my skin. Enter Olay. This scrub warms on contact with water, and uses glycolic acid and tiny little beads to exfoliate, meaning that it is gentle on sensitive skin like mine. It's meant for daily use, but I only use it a few times a week, which means that a tube lasts for several months.



Boots Botanics Complexion Refining Light Night Cream
I am firm believer in wearing several forms of spf on my face during the daytime hours, but I realized that it was silly to wear it at night. Enter Boots. This light night cream moisturizes without being greasy, and it contains natural extracts which work to improve my skin while I sleep. It smells good, too.


and last, but certainly not least...

exercise!
via
I am extremely, extremely lazy, and have never been a big fan of exercise. However, after a long, cold winter spent sitting in a cubicle and on my couch, my body was literally aching to get moving. Ryan and I joined a gym and started getting our asses kicked by spinning classes and stairmasters. After just a few days of sweating out toxins, I noticed that my skin was clearer than it had been in months, if not years. Seriously, if I could bottle and sell the effects of exercise, I'd be a billionaire.


What are your favorite skincare products?

2 comments:

Fash Boulevard said...

Hi. I'm a stylist in LA and I'm totally obsessed with your blog. I'd love if you visited my new blog for multiple posts a day on all things fashion. I just moved to California after graduating back in south with a degree in visual merchandiser. In attempt to get my heel in the door, I've launched a site all about celebrity fashion and the trends that create it. Check out what Vanessa Hudgens was wearing when I ran into her last week and Olivia P's breaking news. I'd love the support. I'm following you, I hope you'll do the same. Thanks so much.

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

And don't forget to follow on Twitter for all the latest celebrity fashion news, from an LA stylist.

http://twitter.com/FashBoulevard

JBF said...

I'm a big fan of the Clinique system. When I was pregnant, my hormones were out of wack and my face paid the price. Plus none if the acne products were safe for the baby. Clinique saved my face!

Post a Comment