3.29.2011

lunch break: black bean salad

by erin

If you look through my recipe index, you'll see a theme among the recipes I post: simple and healthy. I'm a big fan of both of those things. Yet what I'm eating for lunch today might take the cake as the simplest and healthiest recipe I have featured to date.

Originally adapted from my favorite cookbook, I've been making this tasty black bean salad for literally years. It's great as a side or a main dish, and is especially tasty with fresh-out-of-the-garden summer veggies. Enjoy!

Crunchy Black Bean Salad
one can of black beans, rinsed well and drained
veggies of choice
(I usually add sweet pepper, carrots, celery and cucumber, but you can literally use anything)
Kraft Zesty Italian salad dressing


Chop the veggies, combine with the black beans, and drizzle with a little dressing to keep the veggies from going soft. Add more dressing, to taste, before serving. You can also top it with parmesan or feta cheese and/or black pepper.

1 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Yummy! I may have to try this sometime.

Post a Comment