2.14.2011

love.

by erin

Although I'm not a big fan of Black Monday Valentine's Day, I tend to get caught up in the hype surrounding the holiday. I'm lucky to have a lot of love in my life, so I try to let go of my standard sarcastic cynicism and celebrate it.

But one thing that will, without a doubt, kill any feelings of love and happiness I may have on Valentine's Day is trying to go out for dinner along with every other couple in the world. I much prefer our tradition, which was born on our first Valentine's together. After trying - and failing - to find somewhere to eat dinner, we ended up at home in sweatpants with a Papa Murphy's pizza and a bottle of wine. And you know what? That is my kind of holiday.

If you're looking for a way to celebrate love today, here are a few suggestions:


write a love letter.
 
laugh. a lot.

eat cupcakes.

lend a hand.

and most importantly...
be kind to yourself.

Happy Valentine's Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment