4.06.2011

bike fever

by erin

For the past six years (with a few years off due to some law school related nonsense), I have participated in the Minnesota MS 150, which is a two-day, 150-mile bike ride from Duluth to Minneapolis. It sounds terrible, I know, but it is a fun, well-organized ride through beautiful Minnesota with awesome people. And biking 150 miles is really not as difficult as it sounds. 
But to be honest, I have had a few bad rides, and there have been times when I have absolutely hated it. Most of my misery came from the fact that I was riding a heavy bike that was unsuited for such a long distance. But not this year.

Because last night, I bought this beauty:

A pretty blue Giant Avail. It is light and fast and smooth and I am in LOVE.

Now Minnesota just needs to warm up a little more, because I can't WAIT to get out on the road.

If you would like to make a donation to my MS 150 ride, you can do so here. And then I will love you forever.

1 comments:

Ariane said...

I LOVE bike riding! I used to have a gorgeous beach cruiser that was so easy to ride. It was sea foam green, which is the best bicycle color ever, in my humble opinion. Good luck in the race!

{Sorry for the lack of comments. My new job is swallowing me whole, but I love it!}

Post a Comment