4.04.2011

bargain bride

by erin

If you have ever talked about weddings with me for more than two minutes, you've probably heard the story of my gorgeous $4,000 designer italian-silk wedding dress that I brought home for a grand total of $99. I can't help it. I love love love a bargain and my wedding dress is one of my greatest accomplishments.

The farther I get out from my wedding, the more convinced I am that I made the right choice. While I will never tell someone how much they should spend on their wedding, I am kind of baffled by the women who spend thousands of dollars on a wedding dress. The rings, the photos, the video, all of those things will last past the day. But the dress will be worn for approximately eight hours and probably never again. I guess the same can be said for the food, the cake, and the dance, but hey, it's my blog and I can have skewed logic if I want to.

So I love the new crop of affordable wedding dresses that are being offered by some of my favorite everyday retailers. With wedding season fast approaching, I thought I would share a few of my favorites. Most of them have simple silhouettes in unfussy fabrics, so they would be great for a destination wedding or a bride who just wants to keep it simple.


The Limited One Shoulder Embellished Wedding Dress: $298

The Limited Lace Column Wedding Dress: $398

J. Crew Crepe Mimi T-Shirt Gown: $595

Ann Taylor Briana Silk Gown: $295

This one is priced a little higher, but it is just so freaking cute. I couldn't not include it!
Anthropologie's BHLDN Pinwheel Tea Dress: $1400

2 comments:

Ariane said...

I am in total agreement. Why spend thousands of dollars when there are so many beautiful options that cost a fraction? I plan to get married in my grandmother's wedding dress. Cost-effective and loaded with sentiment.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I especially like the dresses from J. Crew and Ann Taylor.

Cheers,
Gina
http://ginambiber.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment