When we started house-hunting, we anticipated the process taking a long time. That belief was confirmed by the first few houses we saw in our price range. They were too small, dirty, falling apart, and/or in bad neighborhoods. However, before we had time to be discouraged, we walked into the next house on our realtor's list and saw this:

a gorgeous kitchen with granite floors, brand new cupboards and appliances, and big windows bringing in amazing light. We were SOLD. We made an offer the next day.

While the kitchen remains my favorite room in the house, there are a few tweaks I would like to make. One is changing out our kitchen sink. It's a standard sink, nothing wrong with it. But it's not very deep, and it's boring, so I'm in the market for a fancy new one.

If we decide to stay with something similar to what we have, we'll look for a self-rimming stainless steel sink, like this one:


We're also considering an undermount sink, which I think would allow us to install one that is a bit wider. For example:



We haven't really begun to look for sinks yet, so it'll be interesting to see what's out there. I promise to post before and after pictures!

4 comments:

Ariane said...

I really like the undermount sinks!

Katie S said...

That first sink is quite hot, but I have to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE my under-mount sink. It makes cleaning up after cooking so much easier. Just swipe the mess into the sink...no seams to catch little crumbs.

melissa oholendt said...

Ooo, I've been dreaming of a farmhouse sink for years now and I'm going to make that bad boy happen the MINUTE I can.

plumbing said...

As the central fixture in the most active room of the house, the kitchen sink sees plenty of action. Day in and day out, it is the focal point of food preparation and cleanup. Accordingly, kitchen sinks are made to be both attractive and extremely durable.

Post a Comment