Welcome to a new feature here on b:d:l, motivated by my love of etsy and my passion for supporting individuals and small businesses.  I love the idea of someone who has worked in the same field or even at the same job for 5 or 10 or 20 years waking up one day and deciding to take a leap and follow their passion and their talent.  That this actually happens could very well be my own starry-eyed delusion, but regardless, etsy makes it possible.

This week's featured seller is Angie Davis and her shop, byrd & belle.  Angie hails from our beloved Minneapolis - one more reason to love her work!  She worked as an architect until the recession slowed her down, and then decided to use her spare time for designing and crafting.  Her etsy shop features her clean, modern and environmentally friendly gadget cases, among other things.  Here are a few examples of her work:


Wool felt 13" laptop case, with leather accents.  From the seller: "Leather straps and patch are hand-dyed here in the studio using environmentally friendly, low v.o.c. dyes."

 
Wool felt iPhone case, with a handy strap & snap to hold headphones.  Interior is Egyptian cotton.


Pencil pouch made of custom printed denim fabric designed by the seller herself.

 
No more unnecessary waste - bring your own coffee sleeve to the coffee shop!


People like Angie Davis give me hope that one day I might wake up, make my last student loan payment, quit the law and spend the rest of my life simply making lovely things.  A girl can dream.


(all photos courtesy of byrd & belle)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

We've been twitter friends for so long, but I'm just now checking out your blog! oops!
I love it! :) Etsy is a dangerous place for me, because the minute I'm on there I want absolutely EVERYTHING.
Have a great week!
xoxo, Amanda (@teasingdiverse)
PS - my middle name is Louise too :)

Anonymous said...

I love the coffee sleeve! I might have to buy that.

Post a Comment