1.28.2011

Friday Favorites

by erin

A few things I'm loving right now...

I'm not sure how I came across Holley and her music (I spend a lot of time on the Internet and sometimes find myself in strange places), but when I did, it was basically love at first sight listen. Holley is an unsigned artist from Nashville, and she has one of the most unique, beautiful voices I've heard in some time. Holley has just released a new EP titled "Odd Place to Be" and I highly recommend that you download it immediately. If nothing else, those in a perpetual quarter-life-crisis (like, um, me) will love the title track. Trust me on this.
To preview the tunes, check out Holley's myspace page.


Ah, winter. I can't wait until you're gone. Partially so I can just stop talking about you, but mostly because I am so damn tired of the dryness. My hair is static-y (although less so thanks to Moroccanoil), my face is basically flaking off, and my hands are cracked and painfully dry. Thanks to Aveda Hand Relief, though, I'm remedying at least one of these problems.
Hand Relief is wonderfully moisturizing without being greasy, and a little goes a long way. And the smell is divine without being too strong. I basically wish I could bathe in this stuff.


This was always one of those places that I walked by and said "oh, I want to go there someday" but never actually made good on it. So a few weeks ago, when all of the other restaurants in the fantastic 48th & Chicago neighborhood were packed, Ryan and I decided to give this little Thai/sushi place a try. And we loved it. It is tiny, but the staff is friendly, and the sushi is delicious and not overpriced like so many other sushi restaurants in MSP. We're so happy to have found a little neighborhood spot like this.

Happy weekend!

5 comments:

Ariane said...

My hair is SO static-y, too! Does the Moroccan Oil make it greasy, though?

erin said...

Not at all! I only use mine on the middle to ends of my hair, & none on the scalp - I think using it there would cause a little grease. And I use just a tiny bit at a time - never more than a dime-sized amount. That will help it to last longer, too, because it's not the cheapest beauty product you'll ever buy :)

two birds said...

bagu is right by my house and i've never been...i think you've convinced me to give it a try! also, aveda hand relief is A-mazing!

erin said...

oh, you definitely should! I think right now they're running half price wine on Friday and Saturday nights, which I'm all for :)

ivy said...

We all want to look beautiful inside and out. Being beautiful starts w/ good complexion. So I see to it I clean and moisturize my skin just like everybody else who takes good care of their skin. Just lately got this hot stone massage from www.dailyminneapolis.com I feel a lot healthier within. It feels a lot relaxing. It's a wonderful experience

Post a Comment