11.01.2010

yummy hummus

by erin

My husband and I decided at the last minute to host a Halloween party, and despite a steamy hot house (note to self: ALWAYS turn the heat down when guests are coming over), cold sweet potato fries, and my naughty costumed dog (oh yes) who kept trying to steal food from the table, I'd say it was a success.

why are you doing this to me?

My go-to recipe for any food-related gathering is my super easy, super tasty Lemon Garlic Hummus. It takes 5 minutes and 5 ingredients, and is delicious with pita chips, veggies, or a spoon, if you're so inclined.

Lemon Garlic Hummus

1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/3 c. olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
2 cloves garlic, chopped
salt to taste

Put everything in a food processor. Blend to desired consistency, adding more olive oil if necessary. Serve and enjoy!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Yay! Thanks for posting. Like I said, you KNOW it's good hummus when even my husband likes it.

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Sounds like fun despite the hot house! Love the doggie pic!

Post a Comment