9.01.2010

lunch break: summer salads

by erin

It is much easier for me to eat healthy during summer, and this year, with my garden full of tomatoes and cucumbers and peppers and zucchinis, is no exception.  Lately, out of boredom with my usual lunch salads, I've been attempting creativity, and the results have been delicious.

A few of my best combinations:

romaine, spinach, grape tomatoes, strawberries, sunflower seeds, feta, raspberry-lime vinaigrette

romaine, spinach, grape tomatoes, bruschetta burger, balsamic vinegar + olive oil

romaine, spinach, cucumber, tomato, kalamata olives, feta, greek vinaigrette

What is your favorite summertime lunch?

1 comments:

Kelley said...

I'm a salad scientist too! I like almonds, feta, bacon bits, greens and tomato with raspberry vinaigrette. A bit boring (and weird), but it takes care of tangy, sweet and salty cravings!

Post a Comment