8.31.2010

first day of...work!

by erin

For most of my life, including my three years of law school, my mom has taken me back to school shopping.  I know, I know: college/law students are supposed to be competent adults who can afford their own first day of school outfit.  Luckily for me, my birthday is in early August, and I always asked for a day of shopping with my mom, who, as the giver of my 'loves to shop' gene, was always happy to oblige.

This year, however, I'm not going back to school, which is 99.999999% awesome and .000001% sad.  But I still have a reason to shop, because by some crazy miracle, I got a JOB!  I am so unbelievably excited, not only to be employed (and to finally find out what it's like to have a dual-income household!), but because this job is so perfect for me: I'll be blogging about legal news and issues for law firm websites, spending every day doing what I truly love to do, which is journalistic writing.  HOORAY!

So the past week has been full of paperwork, drug tests (seriously), and, of course, shopping.  The start of my career requires the perfect outfit, and I've been on a mission to find it.  Of course, I've been buying a lot of different options along the way, so tell me what you like for my first day!

A couple of vests from Limited (both with horrible styling - I'd wear the black and white vest over a colored button-up - probably my favorite blue one - and the purple rosette vest over a black button-up)...

...and a couple of cardigans from Old Navy (rosettes and argyle are a huge theme in my closet. I can't help it.)...

...with tanks to go underneath from Loft and Old Navy (can never have too many pretty white tanks!)...

...and some fun new accessories from Old Navy and Loft.

Also, a few items from Limited that weren't available in my size but are on my 'to-buy' list:
a gorgeous plum shirtdress and a black and white cardigan.

So if you were to channel your inner Rachel Zoe, what would you pick for me on my first day of work?

6 comments:

Jamie said...

That sounds like such a wonderful job! I am so inspired! Good luck on your first day.

LM said...

oooh the plum dress, with a chunky necklace, big structured tote, and some retro pumps or slingbacks... also i think you look like the model in that picture!

Jessica said...

I'm all for one of the vests!

JBF said...

I vote for one of the vests, maybe the one with the rosette?

Kelley said...

:) Hope your first day was fabulous!

-K

melissa oholendt said...

Oooo, fab. Good luck on your first day on Tuesday!!

Post a Comment