Every so often, a fashion or design trend sneaks up on me.  I notice a few things here and there, noting "oh hey, that's pretty" and then, all of a sudden, I'm 100%, head-over-heels, obsessed.  Such is the case with applique roses and ruffles and the like, which are pretty trendy right now.  As for me, my love began when I discovered the gorgeous details of Lela Rose wedding gowns (especially this one), and grew as appliques began appearing in my favorite stores (I'm currently obsessed with this cardigan and this top from Ann Taylor Loft).

To make a longer-than-intended story short, I about fell out of my chair when I came across Heart of Light.  At this shop, you'll find gorgeous accessories - headbands, belts, and hair clips, among others - made of floral appliques and ruffles.  Everything is girly and sweet, yet still hip and chic.  The accessories have a vintage feel (another of my loves) and I want basically everything.


this belt was the first thing to catch my eye.  it would take any average LBD and make it memorable.



and this corsage pin would dress up any cardigan.




adorable rosebud and ruffle pins, available in a rainbow of colors.




and rosebud and ruffle headbands, also in any color.


I think it's safe to say that all of these are going on my Christmas list.  To put them on yours, visit Heart of Light's etsy shop.  The seller also keeps a blog, in which she shares her inspiration, as well as home decor and lifestyle tips (you must read her advice for keeping the holidays stress-free!).

Remember - I'm participating in Cans for Comments, which means that for every comment you leave, I'll donate a can to a local food shelf!  So comment now and comment often!

4 comments:

Angelique Buckley said...

WOW! So Cute! So happy I discovered your blog through cans for comments!!! I will be back for sure! :)

Anonymous said...

I have strong feelings for these flowery little items. Great find!

Brynn said...

Blair Waldorf would swoon for these ;)

Jackie Just said...

Just bought the FABULOUS torquoise belt - thanks for the great find!!!

Post a Comment