all the best blog posts are in list form. it's true.

  • Again, it's been over a month since my last blog post, and again, I have no excuse except that the holidays happened, I've been crazy busy at work, and I just didn't feel like blogging. In fact, I contemplated shutting the whole thing down, but then I thought of all of the hours I've spent getting the formatting just right and I couldn't do it. So I'm trying out something new: actual writing about my life, verbal-diarrhea-style. Get ready.
  • Because I would probably lose my Native Minnesotan card if I didn't talk about the weather, I need to mention two things: it has been unseasonably warm this winter, like 50 degrees in January. Until today. It is currently five degrees below zero. 
  • And because he's smart like that, my cat picked last night to escape out the back door, which I didn't realize until this morning. I found him across the alley, scared and shivering, but thankfully he's okay.
  • Cold weather = dog booties.  Who's my special boy?
  • Ryan and I recently realized that we were in a very boring mac and cheese/Chinese food/veggie burger rut, so I've been trying to actually make some of the recipes from my Pinterest food board (what a concept!). So far I've made this and this and this, all of which were pretty freaking delicious.
  • I'm not much of an Ani DiFranco fan, but I randomly started listening to her new album on Spotify today and I'm really loving it so far. Who knew?
  • We can all agree that Angelina Jolie looked terrible at the Golden Globes, right? And that Nicole Kidman looked amazing? Good, I'm glad we're on the same page.
stay warm!

0 comments:

Post a Comment