8.02.2011

blooming

by erin

As I approach my second wedding anniversary (what???!?), I've been thinking back on the weeks and days leading up to our wedding. It was a crazy time - knowing that, after more than a year of planning, your very own wedding is just days away is trippy to say the least - but it was so fun. At this time two years ago, I was finalizing decor details, having my final wedding dress fitting, resolving to stop drinking so much wine so as to fit into my wedding dress, crying on the bus while listening to my first dance song, and basically trying not to lose my mind.

I also spent a lot of time on the phone with my vendors, scheduling pickups and dropoffs and arrivals and hotel rooms and final payments and all the other headache-inducing details that only some very anal-retentive meticulous list-making could keep track of. While my vendors were nothing short of amazing, there was one that was so on top of her game that I didn't even need to talk to her from several months earlier until the day before the wedding. At which time she told me that she would drop my wedding flowers off instead of having me my dad pick them up. And at that time, the morning before the wedding when I had just picked up my wedding dress from the seamstress and all of my family was in town and shit was getting real, I may have cried a little at what felt like the best news I'd ever received in my life.

The moral of this story is two-fold:
1. It's okay to go a little crazy in the days leading up to your wedding, and
2. Have Jackie Just do your flowers.

Jackie is the owner of Just Bloomed, which has won Minnesota Bride Magazine's "Best Florist" award for approximately the past 27 years. She is kind, stylish, dedicated, and oh so organized, and her work is gorgeous. Now that I (and a few friends) have used Jackie, we can always spot a "Jackie bouquet" from a mile away. They're distinctive and beautiful.

Recently, Jackie made this adorable stop-motion video.

It exemplifies her and her work perfectly, and I adore it. And I wish I could get married again, if only to have Jackie make a few more gorgeous bouquets for me. That would be okay, right?

1 comments:

Ariane said...

It would probably be okay, so long as the groom stays the same!

Post a Comment