When I was plotting out soup week, I contemplating saving this recipe for the end of the week, heeding the wise advice of Vanessa Williams to "save the best for last". But then I decided, nope, I'm not going to do that. Because a delicious chili with sweet potatoes and black beans, first brought to my attention by Gina and later recommended by Ari, is just too good to save for last.

Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili
(adapted from this recipe)

1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 bell pepper (red or green), diced
3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup frozen corn
2 cups broth or water
1.5 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper (or less to taste)

Heat the olive oil, then add the onion and garlic for 2 minutes and cook until soft. Add everything else. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the sweet potatoes are soft (about 30 minutes).

naughty cat on the stove not required

Or if you'd rather have dinner ready when you get home from work, throw everything except the olive oil in a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

YUM.

You're going to love this. I promise.

1 comments:

Ariane said...

It looks delicious! Can't wait to try it.

I also have a naughty orange cat. :)

Post a Comment