2.11.2010

the sweatpanting of america

by erin

As my girl crush Stacy London would say, I am very against the sweatpanting of America.  I have a very low tolerance for girls that run around in sweatpants and Uggs, and I refuse to leave my house in sweats (although, don't get me wrong, I love sweatpants, A LOT).  Therefore, when Shop It To Me asked me to write a guest blog post on stylish loungewear, I took it as a challenge.  It was kind of fun to research and write the post, and my mind may have been changed.  But just a little.
the life-changing VS Boyfriend Sweats
Check out my post here and let me know your thoughts.  Do you wear loungewear in public?  Why/why not?

3 comments:

Traycina said...

I have a few thoughts on this:
1. When it comes to running errands on a tight schedule or when not feeling well, I honestly don't care what other people think about what I wear - my clothes are clean, fit appropriately, and are worn in a decent fashion, even if they are athletic pants.
2. I'm all for comfort in any way possible - dresses are a great option in the summer instead of loungewear, and leggings with my winter boots with a long cardigan are my winter go-to.
3. Sometimes people stop for an errand or two after working out at the gym or playing sports, so I'd hate to imagine someone so high-maintenance that they had to go home and change before stopping at Target.

:-)

JBF said...

i love my sweatpants but...I also have a very strict no-sweatpants-in-public rule. I'm fine with fashionable, appropriately fitting yoga pants, or a summer dress, or numerous other options, but sweatpants are just too sloppy. About the only exception I can think of would be someone who has to wear loose-fitting clothing for medical reasons. Sorry, sweats & Uggs girls! :)

Anonymous said...

I love, love, *LOVE* Stacy London.

Hi, I am Juliet. I'm an attorney and neophyte blogger and I just wanted to leave you a note to tell you that I am happy to have recently found your website. Pay me a visit me sometime if you find yourself with a few free moments. Thanks for the read!

Post a Comment